Subject: [bug#76503] [GCD] Migrating repositories, issues, and patches to Codeberg: LibreJS blocks JavaScript

From: Tomas Volf <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2025 18:18:09 +0100

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> The software behind the forge has to be free software that is
> *plausibly* self-hosted on Guix System—this probably rules out GitLab
> Community Edition and makes [Forgejo](https://forgejo.org/) the main
> contender.

I have opened the https://codeberg.org in a browser with the LibreJS
extension installed, and two scripts are blocked due to "External script
with no known license":

    https://codeberg.org/assets/js/webcomponents.js
    https://codeberg.org/assets/js/index.js

They indeed do not seem to contain any kind of license notice.

Since Forgejo is Free software, I assume it is just a matter of some
mark missing somewhere.  I am not sure on who this is to fix, whether
Codeberg (Forgejo?) or LibreJS, but I think it would be preferable if
site hosting our repository was not blocked by GNU LibreJS.

Have a nice day,
Tomas

-- 
There are only two hard things in Computer Science:
cache invalidation, naming things and off-by-one errors.