Subject: Re: [bug#76503] [GCD] Migrating repositories, issues, and patches to Codeberg

From: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2025 11:59:35 -0400

On Mon, May 12, 2025 at 05:33:47PM +0200, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Oh, I perhaps mistakenly assumed “deliberation” was the same as French
> “délibération”, “decision taken by a governing body”:
> 
>   https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/d%C3%A9lib%C3%A9ration

------
délibération f (plural délibérations)

1)    deliberation; contemplation
2)    deliberation; discussion
3)    deliberation (decision taken by a governing body)
------

I agree with Steve that this use of 'deliberation' is unusual, at least
in American English. From the wiktionary entry above, I'm familiar with
first 2 senses of the word, but not the 3rd. I would expect to hear a
a phrase like "... the outcome of the deliberation ...".

I also agree that it's important to de-emphasize the idea of a vote and
focus on working together to build consensus. Instead of "voting
records", what about just using a term like "decision", "decision
taken", "decision made", etc?