Subject: [bug#76503] [GCD] Migrating repositories, issues, and patches to Codeberg

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2025 17:33:47 +0200

Hi,

Steve George <[email-masked]> writes:

> Note that 'Deliberate' means to "consider or discuss", and a person
> would "vote" at the end of a deliberation period to "to express your
> choice or opinion".  That is the standard use in English. One doesn't
> keep a "Deliberation" as a record of choices (e.g. tally of
> votes). Also, to be explicit just because something is a "vote"
> doesn't imply that the it's "majority rule" on anything similar. I
> bring it up, because it's going to sounds odd to me as a native
> English speaker.
>
> - https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/vote
>
> - https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/deliberation

Oh, I perhaps mistakenly assumed “deliberation” was the same as French
“délibération”, “decision taken by a governing body”:

  https://fr.wiktionary.org/wiki/d%C3%A9lib%C3%A9ration#Traductions
  https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/d%C3%A9lib%C3%A9ration

Wiktionary seems to agree with the “decision taken” meaning, but WordNet
(US English) less so.

So now I’m not so sure but I still find the term “vote” to be loaded
(and not what GCD 001 uses anyway).

WDYT?

Ludo’.