Subject: [bug#76503] [GCD] Migrating repositories, issues, and patches to Codeberg

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2025 15:49:40 +0200

Hi Steve,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> I think it would make sense to add it in a sub-directory of
> guix-consensus-documents.git, and IMO does not require a change of
> GCD 001 (though we could eventually propose to amend GCD 001 to
> explicitly mention said sub-directory).

I saw that you did that, thank you!

I would have two suggestions:

  1. Renaming “voting-records” to “deliberation”.

  2. In the ‘README’ and .rec files, change “Voting record” to
     “Deliberation record”, and generally “Vote” to “Deliberation”.

This will be consistent with the terminology used in GCD 001 and also
dispel the impression that it all boils down to a vote: there is no vote
(and no campaign, no representatives, nothing like that), and I’d prefer
everyone in the community to focus on the discussion and improvements
that stem from it rather than on the final show of hands.

How does that sound? :-)

Thanks,
Ludo’.