Subject: Re: bug#76503: [GCD] Migrating repositories, issues, and patches to Codeberg

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2025 17:09:14 +0200

Hi Cayetano,

Cayetano Santos <[email-masked]> writes:

>   I noticed that the service I personally use the most, yhetil.org
>   (public-inbox instance) for navigating issues, bugs, patches and mail
>   lists, is not even mentioned in the GCD.

I don’t use it personally, but if you think of a place where it can be
mentioned (under “Motivation” I suppose), please feel free to propose a
patch.

>   Finally, the whole proposal may be understood as a delegation on
>   Codeberg e.V. capabilities, which makes Guix dependent on a third
>   party. This might reveal with time as a good or a bad idea, only
>   future can tell. Assuming there are no significant issues from their
>   side, I’m curious about how Guix as a whole would handle a significant
>   raise on contributions (see graphs above). Which brings to my previous
>   first and most important statement.

This is acknowledged under “Drawbacks and Open Issues” (and it’s not a
new issue) but again, let me know if you think this could be clarified.

Thanks for your feedback!

Ludo’.