Subject: Re: bug#76503: [GCD] Migrating repositories, issues, and patches to Codeberg

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2025 23:51:34 +0100

Hello,

I pushed the changes below, which I think address some of the concerns
that you and others raised:

  8d0b5c6 * 002-codeberg: Avoid “modern” in the summary.
  fe88728 * 002-codeberg: Clarify “Repository Migration Path”.
  21f57f0 * 002-codeberg: Change to a more gradual issue tracker migration.
  75c96e9 * 002-codeberg: Clarify “Rights and Privileges”.
  2c1b5cb * 002-codeberg: Fix typo.

The most important change is the gradual issue/patch tracker migration:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
  - Until **December 31st, 2025**, bug reports will be accepted both by
    email (`bug-guix` and `guix-patches`) and on Codeberg (issues and
    pull requests); documentation will encourage people to choose
    Codeberg, but contributors will keep paying attention to both
    systems.
  - Soon after **January 1st, 2026**, mailing list administrators will
    set up the `bug-guix` and `guix-patches` mailing lists in “Emergency
    Moderation” mode in the Mailman interface—meaning that messages to
    open *new* issues will not get through anymore.
  - Interaction on individual issues that were opened via Debbugs before
    this deadline may continue on Debbugs for as long as needed, *via*
    [email-masked]`.
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

I believe this is the most contentious issue so we should keep iterating
and fine-tuning it.

I also clarified that the flag day mentioned under “Repository Migration
Path” is only for the repository, not for Debbugs, because I believe
this might have caused confusion.

Ludo’.