Subject: [bug#76503] [GCD] Migrating repositories, issues, and patches to Codeberg

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2025 17:59:36 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, 23 Feb 2025 at 16:20, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ## Continuous Integration

[...]

> In the Guix repository, we will set up webhooks to trigger the creation
> of a new jobset at ci.guix.gnu.org (Cuirass) as soon as migration is
> complete.  While this has been successfully used for several months for
> [Guix-Science](https://codeberg.org/guix-science), 

[...]

> ## Workflow
>
> Once continuous integration (CI) is fully operational, pull requests may
> be merged if and only if they successfully built.  “World-rebuild” pull
> requests would still follow the [existing branching
> process](https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Managing-Patches-and-Branches.html).

Currently, the name of specifications reads [1]:

    forgejo-pull-requests-guix-science-carputils-91
    forgejo-pull-requests-guix-science-equinox-cherrypick-84
    forgejo-pull-requests-guix-science-ghdl-87
    forgejo-pull-requests-guix-science-master-47
    forgejo-pull-requests-guix-science-nonfree-IPHC-dev-31
    forgejo-pull-requests-guix-science-pyvhdlmodel-86
    forgejo-pull-requests-guix-science-typst-languagetool-92

and that’s annoying: it’s difficult to find the relevant specifications.

Yes, I’ve seen [2] – cool! \o/ – and this potentially open a badge on
the PR webpage. :-)

Still, it would be much better to have the PR number first and not last.
For instance:

    forgejo-pull-requests-guix-science-47-master
    forgejo-pull-requests-guix-science-84-equinox-cherrypick
    forgejo-pull-requests-guix-science-86-pyvhdlmodel
    forgejo-pull-requests-guix-science-87-ghdl
    forgejo-pull-requests-guix-science-91-carputils
    forgejo-pull-requests-guix-science-92-typst-languagetool
    forgejo-pull-requests-guix-science-nonfree-31-IPHC-dev

That’s a tiny detail but before we jump in the big bath… :-)

Cheers,
simon

1: https://guix.bordeaux.inria.fr/

2: [bug#76938] [PATCH Cuirass 00/13] Forges notification support.
Romain GARBAGE <[email-masked]>
Tue, 11 Mar 2025 11:29:21 +0100
id:[email-masked]
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/76938
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/msgid/[email-masked]
https://yhetil.org/guix/[email-masked]