Subject: [bug#76503] [GCD] Migrating repositories, issues, and patches to Codeberg

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2025 11:56:49 +0100

Hi Ludo,

On Mon, 10 Mar 2025 at 23:17, Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Migrating between Forgejo instances would be trivial: Forgejo supports
> it as well.

Assuming we still have access to all the content hosted on Codeberg.

> We don’t know what the future will look like, but given the rich
> interface and structured data, I’m confident that it will always be
> possible to extract it and feed it into other similar systems.

This raises the question about the backup [1.2].

A worst scenario: tomorrow Codeberg closes for whatever unexpected
reasons.  Obviously, we will find another solution. :-)

However, what about all the history hosted there?  Yes, there is a nice
API and everything is doable. :-) To my knowledge, nothing is done for
having a backup of all the history.  Therefore, if Codeberg suddenly
disappears, then all our history hosted there will be lost.

Cheers,
simon

1: [bug#76503] [GCD] Migrating repositories, issues, and patches to Codeberg
Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Mon, 10 Mar 2025 13:30:44 +0100
id:[email-masked]
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/76503
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/msgid/[email-masked]
https://yhetil.org/guix/[email-masked]

2: [bug#76503] [GCD] Migrating repositories, issues, and patches to Codeberg
Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Thu, 06 Mar 2025 17:36:29 +0100
id:[email-masked]
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/76503
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/msgid/[email-masked]
https://yhetil.org/guix/[email-masked]