Subject: [bug#76503] [GCD] Migrating repositories, issues, and patches to Codeberg

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2025 22:45:01 +0100

Hello Guix!

It’s been one month since this GCD was submitted, which means there’s
only (only?) one month left! Thanks to everyone who contributed to the
discussion so far, it’s good to have this diversity of viewpoints and
experiences.

For the remaining time, I think we should focus on finding what it would
take to reach consensus on a variant of this proposal sharing goals
along the lines of those stated in the intro:

  The contribution workflow in Guix has been facing several challenges:
  difficult onboarding, lack of legibility, complex, unreliable, and
  labor-intensive infrastructure, and lack of automation.  All these lead
  to an experience that contributors often find frustrating and hinders
  quality assurance efforts.  We propose to address these limitations by
  migrating repositories, issue tracking, and patch tracking to Codeberg,
  a “modern” forge hosted by a non-profit.

If you brought up ideas or concerns, consider submitting a patch against
the existing proposal; what would you change to the text?

Please make sure to take a step back, taking into consideration the
experience we have collectively (with Codeberg and other forges, with
migrations, with free software project workflows, etc.) and what sounds
desirable for the project’s future, putting aside personal preferences
and short-term issues for a moment.

I’m confident we can find common ground!

Ludo’.