Subject: [bug#76503] [GCD] Migrating repositories, issues, and patches to Codeberg

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2025 22:39:51 +0100

Hi Vagrant,

Thanks for sharing your experience, it’s definitely relevant!

Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Is there duplication of issues? Yup. Sometimes one needs to get
> forwarded to the other manually. Whee.
>
>
> Do issues get automatically closed on both systems? Usually, if you
> remember to include the right incantations in your commit messages!
> Occasionally even if you forget, what magic is that?!

Wait, are users told they can report bugs not just to Debbugs but also
to salsa.debian.org?  (Back when I used Debian, email, possibly via
‘reportbug’, was the only way to report bugs.)

In practice, would you say that there’s a group only paying attention to
salsa and another one only paying attention to Debbugs?  Or is it less
clear-cut than that?

> I do feel, given what I have heard from several people in this
> discussion, that proposing a flag day with a short time of overlap is
> going to be very hard for this community, and possibly more divisive
> than whatever fracturing we might encounter by maintaining two
> concurrent technical systems over an extended time period...

Note that, as currently worded, the flag day is only for new bug reports
and patches; if we were to adopt it as-is, we’d continue using Debbugs
for months or years to process the backlog.

It wouldn’t be as sharp a transition as it may seem.

Ludo’.