Subject: Re: [bug#76503] [GCD] Migrating repositories, issues, and patches to Codeberg

From: Cayetano Santos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2025 18:54:19 +0100

Hi Ludo,

   Thanks for this, it is remarkable and obvious the amount of time you
   have spend thinking about it in deep before submitting the GCD.
   However, after a last read to the proposal, a question arises in my
   mind. I haven’t found any reference to it in this long thread (maybe
   I missed it ?).

  > # Cost of Reverting

  This point might become relevant at some point ahead on time. Do we
  have any reference of a successful migration to another gitlab /
  forgejo instance ? I’m thinking here about the long term retrieval of
  all information we will deposit at codeberg during the incoming years.
  No one knows what the future will provide, but I think, from my
  perspective, that a complete demo exercise might be helpful to this
  respect before going any further.

Thanks again,

--
Cayetano Santos
.
gpg: CCB8 1842 F9D7 058E CD67 377A BF5C DF4D F6BF 6682
key: meta.sr.ht/~csantosb.pgp