Subject: Re: [bug#76503] [GCD] Migrating repositories, issues, and patches to Codeberg

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2025 15:50:37 +0100

Hi Ricardo,

On Fri, 07 Mar 2025 at 10:21, Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Divya Ranjan <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> We have a *humongous* backlog of patches, [...]
>
>> [...] we host a backend service that regularly checks the Codeberg
>> repository for any new issues or PRs and then communicates to us
>> through the Codeberg’s Forgejo API [0] the content of said issues and
>> PRs. The data received from the API then gets directed to our Debbugs
>> or Mumi backend, which parses the information from it and opens a new
>> Debbugs issue for it. Thus, for every issue opened on Codeberg, we
>> have a mirrored Debbugs issue [...]
>
> So at the end we'd have an even larger backlog of patches, and spread
> across two systems...?  And where do we source the time and motivation
> to hack on yet another piece of software?

I proposed a similar one-way bridge here [1].  And obviously, my
proposal is also to volunteer for helping in implementing in Mumi
backend.

Cheers,
simon

1: [bug#76503] [GCD] Migrating repositories, issues, and patches to Codeberg
Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Thu, 06 Mar 2025 17:35:25 +0100
id:[email-masked]
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/76503
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/msgid/[email-masked]
https://yhetil.org/guix/[email-masked]

PS: I agree with the rest of your message, and to complement:

> It does not even do simple things like delivering notifications to
> *everyone* who participates in an issue discussion.  This is the
> reason for the sudden eery silence that can be seen in many issues.

I’m not sure Codeberg notifies you without the dedicated @rekado;
similarly as adding you with CC.