Subject: [bug#76503] [GCD] Migrating repositories, issues, and patches to Codeberg

From: Suhail Singh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2025 09:40:28 -0500

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> As for experimenting, I agree and I reiterate my invitation to send
> trivial patches to <https://codeberg.org/civodul/guix> (or to
> Guix-Science, Guix-Past, etc.).  I think this GCD’s discussion period is
> the right time to give it a try as it can better inform discussions.

Based on Andreas's observations in [1]:

#+caption: <https://yhetil.org/guix/Z8rJyIIUR84pWdLS@jurong/>
#+begin_quote
  On the other hand, as soon as there is a patch series on issues, it also
  becomes more or less unreadable; after 5 versions of a 6-patch series,
  it becomes difficult to find the start of the current version and all
  comments in between.
#+end_quote

It seems if we are basing our experimentations on only "trivial patches"
that are sent to <https://codeberg.org/civodul/guix>, we may not be
observing the instances where a forge-style review process actually
struggles; our conclusions may be flawed.

[1]: <https://yhetil.org/guix/Z8rJyIIUR84pWdLS@jurong/>

-- 
Suhail