Subject: Re: [bug#76503] [GCD] Migrating repositories, issues, and patches to Codeberg

From: Ricardo Wurmus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2025 21:05:03 +0100

Hi Simon,

> Somehow, my opinion on this topic is: we should not focus too 
> much on
> the Contributor’s point of view – do not take me wrong, for sure 
> I’m all
> for being friendly, welcoming and inclusive; that’s not the 
> point.
> Instead, we need to focus on Reviewer’s point of view.

I agree, you are right about this.

I must admit that while I'm in favor of this GCD I'm not familiar 
with
the PR workflow *at the scale of Guix*.

We will need tools in support of a reviewer's workflow.  I tend to
easily get lost, whether that's on issues.guix.gnu.org and mailing 
list
discussions, or on forges with many issues.  In the documentation 
of API
endpoints for codeberg.org I have not seen anything that roughly 
equates
to "needs my attention".

It seems that on Codeberg the primary means of keeping track of 
things
is through notifications.  I fear I might still end up dropping 
the ball
when a PR requires my attention if it gets buried in countless
notifications -- especially if I have to keep them unread to ever 
have a
chance of finding them again.  Obviously, a fix here would be to 
adjust
my behaviour and not let notifications pile up, but this has no 
chance
of ever happening.  (In completely unrelated news: I've got 17532 
unread
Guix emails.)

-- 
Ricardo