Subject: Re: bug#76503: [GCD] Migrating repositories, issues, and patches to Codeberg

From: Arun Isaac <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2025 09:49:45 +0000

> I believe git has good documentation for that, but yes, someone would
> need to put this blurb in their ~/.gitconfig file:
>
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> [sendemail]
>         smtpEncryption = tls
>         smtpServer = some-email-server
>         smtpUser = your-email
>         smtpPass = your-password
>         smtpServerPort = 587
> 	assume8bitEncoding = utf-8
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Also, very good instructions are available at https://git-send-email.io/
I don't see why this is particularly hard. But, for some reason, that
seems to be the general perception. Perhaps it is seen as hard simply
because it is not the mainstream way to do things, and we end up having
to expend a lot of effort to compensate for that. One more hurdle, as it
were.