Subject: Re: bug#76503: [GCD] Migrating repositories, issues, and patches to Codeberg

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2025 09:39:01 +0900

Hi,

Andrew Wong <[email-masked]> writes:

>> On Feb 25, 2025, at 10:04 AM, Cayetano Santos via Guix-patches via <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Still, I wonder how Github
>> educated people, reluctant to email exchange, will react to a
>> 
>>    git push origin HEAD:refs/for/<target-branch>/<session>
>> 
>> based workflow, and if this really lowers the barrier to entry[1].
> The linked page refers to a tool called “git-repo”, which smooths out
> the more technical bits to commands like “git pr”. From appearances it
> seems like using this tool is lower-investment for users than
> configuring (or changing!) their email client to interact with mailing
> lists and the mail-in patch workflow properly. It also helps that this
> (optional?) special tool is more “orthogonal” to other workflows,
> rather than involving something as central as emails.

You'd still need an email client to interact with guix-devel and our
other mailing lists, or to create the request to merge a feature branch
that QA understand (until this is adapted/changed to use something
else).

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim