Subject: Re: bug#76503: [GCD] Migrating repositories, issues, and patches to Codeberg

From: Ekaitz Zarraga <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2025 16:26:48 +0100

On 2025-03-04 12:22, Maxim Cournoyer wrote:
>   - The flow would be*even*  more confusing than now, since it'd look
>     like Github but require committers to use it very differently.

This is a very interesting take.
I have a similar view when we mention A-Git-Flow or whatever that is.
We would be using a tool in a very surprising way. I don't know if 
that's good, at all.

We would be pushing that complexity only to committers, not to ocasional 
contributors, which may help attracting people. But, on the other hand, 
we would force people who is already very busy (and very efficient with 
their current workflow) to discard their way to do things and learn another.

I like the proposal, but at the same time, I feel very comfortable with 
Guix due to the fact that I can collaborate with email only (I even 
decided to use the same model for my projects!).

Some of the things we have are very disturbing though: savannah is 
weird, patches being mixed with issues, debbugs is not very comfortable 
to use... I think that would be improved with Codeberg.

I don't know if this adds anything, but there it is.

Cheers,
Ekaitz