Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/1] gnu: machine: hetzner: Fix deployment on smaller instances.

From: Fabio Natali <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2025 13:20:58 +0000

On 2025-02-25, 11:27 +0100, Roman Scherer <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I also opened a support ticket at Hetzner with the request to have more
> disk space on the rescue system of smaller instances. They said they
> handed the request over to their customers team and will prioritize it,
> depending on demand.
>
> @Fabio / anyone listening: If you want to see this happening, maybe also
> send them an email about this ;)

Hi Roman,

Absolutely, good idea and glad to do that. I think the Guix Foundation
has a Hetzner account too, we could think of sending an email from that
account too. I'll try and reach out to someone at the Guix Foundation
(Tanguy? Chris?) to suggest this.

Shall we generally indicate that we've run into issues with the size of
the rescue system - or do we have any number that we can attach to our
request? E.g. anything above X GB on all instances (including the
smallest ones)?

This is orthogonal and probably worth a separate thread but I wonder how
this works with the other guix deploy backend, the DigitalOcean one, and
if there's any similar limitation there.

Thanks, best wishes, Fabio.

-- 
Fabio Natali
https://fabionatali.com