Subject: [bug#76488] [PATCH 0/4] Test installation on Debian

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2025 18:08:29 +0100

Hello Guix!

This series adds an automated test of ‘guix-install.sh’ on Debian,
which checks that “guix build hello” and “guix install hello” work
upon completion.

This was prompted by the work in <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/75810>
and by the upcoming (crossing fingers!) release.

It only tests Debian 12 but it should work with any systemd-based
distro that provides QCOW2 images.

Thoughts?

Ludo’.

Ludovic Courtès (4):
  tests: Export ‘marionette-program’.
  vm: ‘common-qemu-options’ splits command-line tokens.
  vm: Export ‘file-system->mount-tag’ and ‘common-qemu-options’.
  tests: Test installation on Debian.

 gnu/local.mk          |   1 +
 gnu/system/vm.scm     |  24 +--
 gnu/tests.scm         |  14 +-
 gnu/tests/foreign.scm | 337 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 4 files changed, 364 insertions(+), 12 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 gnu/tests/foreign.scm

base-commit: 256e623843a70b001801dcddd7acb4138e6216b4
-- 
2.48.1