Subject: [bug#76480] [PATCH 00/51] Astro update 2025/02

From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2025 21:48:16 +0000

Hi Guix!

Few days after FOSDEM 2025, few days before python-team will be merged with
Python 3.11, and right now all packages in Astro collection have 100% build
success!

The main highlights:
* Guix provides 172 verity of Astro* packages for scientific calculation or
  just for fun. Talking about fun, astronomy, terminal and beyond take a look
  at recently included astroterm (#76071) - providing observatory in a
  terminal!
* Long, not resolved failures and update pendings: Casacore updated to the
  latest version, [email-masked] solved the build issue for python-jwst.
* I'm glad to mention 100%, the entire collection can be successfully built
  with the majority tests enabled on x86_64-linux! 32 packages have their
  tests disabled due to not provided by upstream, requiring networking or
  introducing cycles, which may insure functionality sort of guarantee for the
  collection.

The log:
- added [9/9]
  - [X] python-astrocut :: Cutout tools for astronomical images
  - [X] python-casacore :: Python wrapper for Casacore
  - [X] python-cmocean :: Colormap setup for standardizing commonly-plotting
    oceanographic variables
  - [X] python-esutil :: Numerical, scientific, and astrophysical computing
    utilities
  - [X] python-lofar-h5plot :: GUI for plotting H5Parms produced during LOFAR
    calibration
  - [X] python-losoto :: LOFAR Solution Tool
  - [X] python-mpsplines :: Mean preserving interpolation with splines
  - [X] python-s3path :: Pathlib extension for AWS S3 Service
  - [X] python-sndata :: Interface for data published by various supernova
    surveys
- updated [32/32]
  - [X] casacore :: 3.4.0->3.6.1
  - [X] indi :: 2.1.1->2.1.2.1
  - [X] libsep, python-sep :: 1.2.1->1.4.0
  - [X] libxisf :: 0.2.12->0.2.13
  - [X] python-asdf :: 4.0.0->4.1.0
  - [X] python-asdf-astropy :: 0.7.0->0.7.1
  - [X] python-astropy-healpix :: 1.0.3->1.1.2
  - [X] python-astropy-iers-data :: 0.2025.1.20.0.32.27->0.2025.2.17.0.34.13
  - [X] python-astroquery :: 0.4.8->0.4.9.post1
  - [X] python-cmyt :: 2.0.1->2.0.2
  - [X] python-jwst :: 1.16.1->1.17.1
  - [X] python-czml3 :: 2.3.0->2.3.4
  - [X] python-drizzle :: 2.0.0->2.0.1
  - [X] python-drms :: 0.8.0->0.9.0
  - [X] python-ephem :: 4.1.6->4.2
  - [X] python-fitsio :: 1.2.4->1.2.5
  - [X] python-glue-core :: 1.21.1->1.22.0
  - [X] python-gwcs :: 0.22.1->0.24.0
  - [X] python-halotools :: 0.9.2->0.9.3
  - [X] python-mpl-scatter-density :: 0.7->0.8
  - [X] python-ndcube :: 2.3.0->2.3.1
  - [X] python-pyvo :: 1.6->1.6.1
  - [X] python-rad :: 0.23.0->0.23.1
  - [X] python-roman-datamodels :: 0.23.0->0.23.1
  - [X] python-sep-pjw :: 1.3.7->1.3.8
  - [X] python-sgp4 :: 2.23->2.24
  - [X] python-sncosmo :: 2.11.2->2.12.0
  - [X] python-soxs :: 4.8.5->5.0.0
  - [X] python-stcal :: 1.10.0->1.11.1
  - [X] python-stsci-stimage :: 0.2.9->0.2.10
  - [X] python-sunkit-image :: 0.5.1->0.6.0
  - [X] python-viresclient :: 0.12.1->0.12.2
  - [X] scamp :: 2.10.0->2.13.1
- issues [0/8][0%]
  - Help needed for enabling tests for NumPy 2+ which already on master
    branch.
  - python-naima :: would be upgraded from 0.10.0 to 0.10.2; blocked by NumPy
    2+
  - python-photutils :: would be upgraded from 1.10.0 to 1.11.0; requires
    numpy>=1.25 and resolve new build issues. release which has a lot of
    fixes.
  - python-pynbody :: would be upgraded from 1.6.0.post0 to 2.0.0; majore
    update, depends on NumPy 2+
  - python-spherical-geometry :: would be upgraded from 1.3.2 to 1.3.3; NumPy 2+
  - imppg :: would be upgraded from 1.9.2-beta to 2.0.0; tests hangs
  - python-webbpsf :: would be upgraded from 1.5.0 to 2.0.0; project in
    migration to https://github.com/spacetelescope/stpsf

The build stats for x8664-linux:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> ./pre-inst-env guix build casacore indi libsep libxisf python-asdf
  python-asdf-astropy python-astrocut python-astropy python-astropy-healpix
  python-astropy-iers-data python-astroquery python-casacore python-cmocean
  python-cmyt python-czml3 python-drizzle python-drms python-ephem python-esutil
  python-extinction python-fitsio python-glfw python-glue-core python-gwcs
  python-halotools python-jwst python-jwst-reffiles python-lofar-h5plot
  python-losoto python-mpl-scatter-density python-mpsplines python-ndcube
  python-poliastro python-pyvo python-rad python-roman-datamodels python-s3path
  python-sep-pjw python-sep-pjw python-sgp4 python-sncosmo python-sndata
  python-soxs python-specreduce python-spherical-geometry python-stcal
  python-stsci-stimage python-sunkit-image python-tweakwcs python-viresclient
  scamp

/gnu/store/ipc89bdspiwchfgjvb2g9mypmwv33z4f-casacore-3.6.1
/gnu/store/lfklx4mav5y82zxmmak0i7v1a3zlkqvk-indi-2.1.2.1
/gnu/store/bw0zjmajsbjf8c57fn7mdrajnwfi711z-libsep-1.4.0
/gnu/store/dmwzwyag5kf46v0524jl39ilm58d74br-libxisf-0.2.13
/gnu/store/vcyx95a6apy8ckn43b6grr8gma6p3ivy-python-asdf-4.1.0
/gnu/store/6rrsxqdp7zj20zrmvs4q83dmjbcq383h-python-asdf-astropy-0.7.1
/gnu/store/m4y4w3ia68w0w7wln8zcalml8qbq51fr-python-astrocut-0.12.0
/gnu/store/jpq28y5mbblavg1mys67xq46cc8mc81f-python-astropy-6.1.7
/gnu/store/b8zqznwank5hicp1g0d2wm37jrdrf0dn-python-astropy-healpix-1.1.2
/gnu/store/5fi14qp38zb2rxbziapknq57mqklq0g5-python-astropy-iers-data-0.2025.2.17.0.34.13
/gnu/store/bfms20spsgbvpf23hsh1vrhfn5imvkj7-python-astroquery-0.4.9.post1
/gnu/store/4h5jidadikl45kbkpw4np8fnf3hl5444-python-casacore-3.6.1
/gnu/store/xpw69rdmsa58awbji5f42drsdkab9yby-python-cmocean-4.0.3
/gnu/store/jj28zpjg8hrw8yhk0rgg655wk00k0ncy-python-cmyt-2.0.2
/gnu/store/41dn583hpbvqvd876sw2bq7hwlv60sl6-python-czml3-2.3.4
/gnu/store/9d5m09c71rkq7xh7zkva6l658rpj7348-python-drizzle-2.0.1
/gnu/store/7ciadvykbd2y31h6n14ldljl391fjgsi-python-drms-0.9.0
/gnu/store/3p5404d9ns3jgh0ihqqc5z1wqidp7kxc-python-ephem-4.2
/gnu/store/pz18m350q0slfh6f8r867j4j6w4l0bg9-python-esutil-0.6.16
/gnu/store/0jrwb7rmgfq2z9y75zxgyqa67siinw3a-python-extinction-0.4.7
/gnu/store/n4lcs1gvqil3c9aa81297k29gsqcg1rw-python-fitsio-1.2.5
/gnu/store/pi4dxya23s7l36w8zkhxs0kyb9gf6gjs-python-glfw-2.8.0
/gnu/store/0wkw33s0yj2q6ly8k5bfdxrbmwb0xmg8-python-glue-core-1.22.0
/gnu/store/brzcqflailsb08yds32586ajgl8vd4i9-python-gwcs-0.24.0
/gnu/store/5w65x618z2bnyqwi9nk2r034px5ds41p-python-halotools-0.9.3
/gnu/store/sc2xalhvxzk3gqx9nxc3k5llljb1nii4-python-jwst-1.17.1
/gnu/store/frc320hk3sgsk6vdsgmlc9g6w4wcynd7-python-jwst-reffiles-1.0.1
/gnu/store/x54jlgzi3xnm27zs58aa1qz1g8fmwlhx-python-lofar-h5plot-2.9.1
/gnu/store/n0465nlp8jka7199f04mll17ph2772w0-python-losoto-2.4.4
/gnu/store/5wn86mxkl35hxx9j6c74ra2qsk9vxbwq-python-mpl-scatter-density-0.8
/gnu/store/0sl73d3vydhbxasrgwaqwjpa44m2k8nq-python-mpsplines-0.0.0-0.4967655
/gnu/store/hi5m60jsr92dvdgk129w6lz2ijarlhdp-python-ndcube-2.3.1
/gnu/store/wnzsicgrcgff0iqvx8nlf20qlsmpn39f-python-poliastro-0.17.0
/gnu/store/scglbfic6zqifnfmamf1bwa5zvvf8fi3-python-pyvo-1.6.1
/gnu/store/0nnzkhg0v0hhmafgqzckdnkqw2nzw0fp-python-rad-0.23.1
/gnu/store/d0cy5sjqbr18s66r49d3dqdwy8w6lp0a-python-roman-datamodels-0.23.1
/gnu/store/9njpvq6niwr7jcd7sbp0c24rxvcs2ayf-python-s3path-0.6.0
/gnu/store/n4m2rbd5px94s5f82bl87yww90llpnrw-python-sep-pjw-1.3.8
/gnu/store/n4m2rbd5px94s5f82bl87yww90llpnrw-python-sep-pjw-1.3.8
/gnu/store/wbwvb3p7h4wlgzfib8xbmanwiawlhy1i-python-sgp4-2.24
/gnu/store/xkxacr3i1r2zih1dwsxzh6jpn4rjv6w9-python-sncosmo-2.12.0
/gnu/store/j32khr176shhfnxzbc5ddx8lwycij75g-python-sndata-1.3.0
/gnu/store/d2a4k4gbmv2w2vqasamfgxlcb946x24p-python-soxs-5.0.0
/gnu/store/yr5pdi0xqgv0mwb3wiabfydhv2wq9qzw-python-specreduce-1.4.1
/gnu/store/ybsh1smmqm13q2g79rhl5yi77v0fy1zc-python-spherical-geometry-1.3.2
/gnu/store/6m5xb4j35y2qr0iayhf2p3hnz01rhzgs-python-stcal-1.11.1
/gnu/store/d973d6lk1mi9hgcnvqhjv8yhigkbw9gl-python-stsci-stimage-0.2.10
/gnu/store/d26wgzw3qggfnv66hfk068302m9pfjbi-python-sunkit-image-0.6.0
/gnu/store/hlzmg0swxvrviibdab5kxsfg3xxvzlzg-python-tweakwcs-0.8.9
/gnu/store/fy79pwy96pxlig9j15fm348264vqp2hk-python-viresclient-0.12.2
/gnu/store/zfn3a0fa313gm4y21ankfqkfbhzjgxm5-scamp-2.13.1

> ./pre-inst-env guix refresh --list-dependent casacore indi libsep libxisf
  python-asdf python-asdf-astropy python-astrocut python-astropy
  python-astropy-healpix python-astropy-iers-data python-astroquery
  python-casacore python-cmocean python-cmyt python-czml3 python-drizzle
  python-drms python-ephem python-esutil python-extinction python-fitsio
  python-glfw python-glue-core python-gwcs python-halotools python-jwst
  python-jwst-reffiles python-lofar-h5plot python-losoto
  python-mpl-scatter-density python-mpsplines python-ndcube python-poliastro
  python-pyvo python-rad python-roman-datamodels python-s3path python-sep-pjw
  python-sep-pjw python-sgp4 python-sncosmo python-sndata python-soxs
  python-specreduce python-spherical-geometry python-stcal python-stsci-stimage
  python-sunkit-image python-tweakwcs python-viresclient scamp

Building the following 35 packages would ensure 102 dependent packages are
rebuilt: [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]
[email-masked]

/gnu/store/pwninw4dkhy9n5aw5adp1x496zyxp3hh-aoflagger-3.4.0
/gnu/store/67y9p81rfjbsmg05zw0ygja2k7an3b55-stellarium-24.4-0.60b6bec
/gnu/store/j3qiz04km9xjlk7ipjv4rsghji533cxw-siril-1.3.3
/gnu/store/f2rsy04jckyza744ksavhq5jlc544chl-python-asdf-compression-0.0.1-1.7cfd07c
/gnu/store/7hvm8yyy4r73dxfc7fx04f5rp0bw73dm-python-asdf-zarr-0.0.4
/gnu/store/fy79pwy96pxlig9j15fm348264vqp2hk-python-viresclient-0.12.2
/gnu/store/x54jlgzi3xnm27zs58aa1qz1g8fmwlhx-python-lofar-h5plot-2.9.1
/gnu/store/1zy1v6m9wjgxvipg5q2qc07c3n8m5j1p-python-zodipy-1.1.0
/gnu/store/9an1lmc8c8na5vw53alvnzhqv7l42xlc-python-regularizepsf-1.0.2
/gnu/store/scfyj5r03j5ws9awhl3mbvjfsqmxh7kk-python-naima-0.10.0
/gnu/store/x5561w9zdn8p3bdncy2i170h2z29zg9d-python-cesium-0.12.1
/gnu/store/4n3phd9p77rvlylpicwa37p7v4p7acxs-python-coolest-0.1.9
/gnu/store/il0sgb3d427f82jhzddx91ksqlygdn3v-python-spisea-2.1.13
/gnu/store/by9zlycklyd3nfbyp2xsxjrhwm0d9ii3-python-statmorph-0.6.1
/gnu/store/nk32pm8bqfjlkpfn6nxwhci8yb7lgzqs-python-holodeck-1.5.2
/gnu/store/zzrs0my2qk6wvwxnrnpx066bh23xs3hs-python-mapsims-2.6.0
/gnu/store/dqk8k03fivcghsysw4l194i0w80mq5nv-python-kanon-0.6.6
/gnu/store/5w65x618z2bnyqwi9nk2r034px5ds41p-python-halotools-0.9.3
/gnu/store/zfn3a0fa313gm4y21ankfqkfbhzjgxm5-scamp-2.13.1
/gnu/store/4q7m61lrdp883vsh9kidnmhm6ygigibm-ginga-qt5-5.2.0
/gnu/store/wnzsicgrcgff0iqvx8nlf20qlsmpn39f-python-poliastro-0.17.0
/gnu/store/nrcrhzmj0zir71z1g1ff2a27sc8gnnwz-python-astroalign-2.6.1
/gnu/store/07r13b2rxp9yhjg8rifmrkxq9xwnarhi-python-astroplan-0.10.1
/gnu/store/2xh3yi7ayfba20izyd24r42m1x92cw5c-python-radiospectra-0.6.0
/gnu/store/d26wgzw3qggfnv66hfk068302m9pfjbi-python-sunkit-image-0.6.0
/gnu/store/krmw7qdlp03s7wnsbpfhny0w4zmrzqig-python-yt-astro-analysis-1.1.3
/gnu/store/liirr51a4r3x4mvvk5c57db7jd4h421z-python-glue-qt-0.3.2
/gnu/store/bikwp1csdk70d8w4kn2yi60ch2gbjlh2-python-sbpy-0.5.0
/gnu/store/232rs047129knqppwsqxp66wzwp37j40-python-acstools-3.7.2
/gnu/store/a07q177nfn8kd9r2d3hsydmqf1976vm9-python-webbpsf-1.5.0
/gnu/store/j32khr176shhfnxzbc5ddx8lwycij75g-python-sndata-1.3.0
/gnu/store/kdmnq5s3mwpznd2sj0b1g8s45ii8xdgv-python-pyxsim-4.4.2
/gnu/store/4cn8jsaa2lzv0yvi9ir5kpcyiiypgdyn-python-glue-astronomy-0.10.0
/gnu/store/m4y4w3ia68w0w7wln8zcalml8qbq51fr-python-astrocut-0.12.0
/gnu/store/frc320hk3sgsk6vdsgmlc9g6w4wcynd7-python-jwst-reffiles-1.0.1
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Sharlatan Hellseher (51):
  gnu: casacore: Update to 3.6.1.
  gnu: Add python-casacore.
  gnu: indi-2.0: Update to 2.1.2.1.
  gnu: libsep: Update to 1.4.0.
  gnu: libxisf: Update to 0.2.13.
  gnu: scamp: Update to 2.13.1.
  gnu: python-asdf: Update to 4.1.0.
  gnu: python-asdf-astropy: Update to 0.7.1.
  gnu: python-astropy: Simplify check phase.
  gnu: python-astropy-healpix: Update to 1.1.2.
  gnu: python-astropy-iers-data: Update to 0.2025.2.17.0.34.13.
  gnu: python-astroquery: Update to 0.4.9.post1.
  gnu: python-cmyt: Update to 2.0.2.
  gnu: python-czml3: Update to 2.3.4.
  gnu: python-drizzle: Update to 2.0.1.
  gnu: python-drms: Update to 0.9.0.
  gnu: python-extinction: Fix source and home-page URL.
  gnu: python-ephem: Update to 4.2.
  gnu: python-fitsio: Update to 1.2.5.
  gnu: python-mpl-scatter-density: Update to 0.8.
  gnu: python-glue-core: Update to 1.22.0.
  gnu: python-gwcs: Update to 0.24.0.
  gnu: python-tweakwcs: Skip 2 tests.
  gnu: python-halotools: Update to 0.9.3.
  gnu: python-ndcube: Update to 2.3.1.
  gnu: python-pyvo: Update to 1.6.1.
  gnu: python-rad: Update to 0.23.1.
  gnu: python-roman-datamodels: Update to 0.23.1.
  gnu: python-sep-pjw: Simplify.
  gnu: python-sep-pjw: Update to 1.3.8.
  gnu: python-sgp4: Update to 2.24.
  gnu: python-sncosmo: Update to 2.12.0.
  gnu: python-specreduce: Simplify.
  gnu: python-spherical-geometry: Remove bundled libqd source.
  gnu: python-soxs: Update to 5.0.0.
  gnu: python-stsci-stimage: Update to 0.2.10.
  gnu: python-sunkit-image: Update to 0.6.0.
  gnu: python-viresclient: Update to 0.12.2.
  gnu: Add python-cmocean.
  gnu: Add python-esutil.
  gnu: Add python-glfw.
  gnu: Add python-losoto.
  gnu: Add python-lofar-h5plot.
  gnu: Add python-mpsplines.
  gnu: Add python-sndata.
  gnu: Add python-s3path.
  gnu: Add python-astrocut.
  gnu: python-poliastro: Disable more failing tests.
  gnu: python-stcal: Update to 1.11.1.
  gnu: python-jwst: Update to 1.17.1.
  gnu: python-jwst-reffiles: Enable tests and sanity-check.

 gnu/packages/astronomy.scm       | 749 +++++++++++++++++++++----------
 gnu/packages/python-graphics.scm |  35 ++
 gnu/packages/python-science.scm  |  66 ++-
 gnu/packages/python-web.scm      |  28 ++
 4 files changed, 636 insertions(+), 242 deletions(-)

base-commit: dfabaa8a6faa58612a069eb47ee3f35a94b146fb
-- 
2.47.1