Subject: 30.0.92; doc-view--revert-buffer fails when saving OpenDocument spreadsheets

From: Roland Winkler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2025 13:53:59 -0600

When I open an OpenDocument spreadsheet (file extension ods), by default
this happens via doc-view.  Then, when I edit the file (say, content.xml)
and try to save it, doc-view--revert-buffer bails out with the error
(wrong-type-argument stringp nil).

If, instead, I open and edit the file as a zip archive without doc-view,
I can save it without any problems.

In GNU Emacs 30.0.92 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.38, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2024-11-01 built on regnitz
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101007
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 12 (bookworm)

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP
NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix