Subject: [bug#76458] [PATCH v2] gnu: Add flycast.

From: Andrew Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2025 02:41:25 -0500

> The preferred way is to use a keep list.
What do you mean by 'keep list'? If you mean defining (delete-all-but)
and naming only the kept directories*, the issue is that there are 37(!)
bundled directories in total, so this list would be shorter. So also,
yes, the recursive checkout is still necessary.
 > Interesting design.  Maybe we can make a patch that provides them as
 > an extra target instead?  Otherwise it's fine to say "; no test suite"
 > or use this comment as a prefix.
I would do that if I knew how; unfortunately I don't have the CMake
chops to make such a fix, given how tangled this project's build system
is. What do you mean 'use this comment as a prefix'?
 > We prefer comments to be above a line of code or in the same line as
 > the code.  For the others you could add a line comment like
 > "; XXX: review when updating"
Will do.

*Also, would the project appreciate a patch integrating that function
into (guix build utils) or other guix module? I count a total of 11
times delete-all-but is defined in gnu/packages.