Subject: bug#76457: closed (Re: bug#76457: 31.0.50; Cannot create bookmark to chained TRAMP connection)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2025 09:52:02 +0000

Your bug report

#76457: 31.0.50; Cannot create bookmark to chained TRAMP connection

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
76457: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=76457
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#76457: 31.0.50; Cannot create bookmark to chained TRAMP connection
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
Cc: Ship Mints <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2025 10:51:19 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 30.2

Sean Whitton <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,

Hi,

>> Thank you both. Finally, I have made the following changes based on your
>> proposals (not pushed yet):
>
> LGTM, many thanks!

Thanks for the feedback. I've pushed this to the repositories, closing
the bug.

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 31.0.50; Cannot create bookmark to chained TRAMP connection
From: Sean Whitton <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2025 14:20:20 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

X-debbugs-cc: [email-masked]

Hello,

I have a role account on a machine where I have to SSH to the machine as
spwhitton and then use sudo to do things as the role account.

I can get to it like this:

    C-x C-f /ssh:t2u-oracle|sudo:tag2upload-oracle@t2u-oracle:~/ RET

This opens a dired buffer, which is a useful place to start working on
the machine.

But if I then use C-x r m to create a bookmark to get back there more
quickly, the bookmark is created with the filename property set to
"/sudo:tag2upload-oracle@t2u-oracle:~/" which is wrong, as visiting that
bookmark would try to access an account on localhost.

I can work around this problem by manually editing my bookmarks file.

Thanks.

-- 
Sean Whitton