Subject: bug#7645: 23.2; ido commands failed to execute if there is some killed buffer

From: Abaw <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:07:21 +0800

Hi maintainers,

ido commands that finally calls ``ido-make-buffer-list'' would fail to
execute if there is some killed buffer returned by
``buffer-list''. Because (buffer-name a-killed-buffer) will return nil,
``ido-ignore-item-p'' fail to treat it as a stream. My solution is to
return non-nil if name passed to ``ido-ignore-item-p'' is nil.

The attachment is the patch I made for ido.el.

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0)
of 2010-08-15 on raven, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.60900000
configured using `configure '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--build'
'i486-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib'
'--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var/lib'
'--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
'--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs23:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.2/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.2/leim'
'--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars'
'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g'
'CPPFLAGS=''

Important settings:
value of $LC_ALL: nil
value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
value of $LC_TIME: nil
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
default enable-multibyte-characters: t