Subject: 30.1; different behavaiour of 29.4 and 30 for ivy completition of absolute paths

From: Evgeniy Dushistov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2025 19:16:32 +0300

Run "emacs -Q" with such config:
```
(setq straight-check-for-modifications nil)
(defvar bootstrap-version)
(let ((bootstrap-file
       (expand-file-name "straight/repos/straight.el/bootstrap.el" user-emacs-directory))
      (bootstrap-version 6))
  (unless (file-exists-p bootstrap-file)
    (with-current-buffer
        (url-retrieve-synchronously
         "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/radian-software/straight.el/develop/install.el"
         'silent 'inhibit-cookies)
      (goto-char (point-max))
      (eval-print-last-sexp)))
  (load bootstrap-file nil 'nomessage))

(straight-use-package 'use-package)

(setq use-package-verbose t)

(use-package ivy
  :straight t
  :init
  (setq ivy-use-virtual-buffers t)
  (setq enable-recursive-minibuffers t)
  :config
  (ivy-mode 1)
  )
```

After start open "/tmp" directory, and then press
C-x C-f and then type /var, the content of minibuffer would be
"/tmp//var",
if after that press TAB
the result would be "/tmp/var"
while expected "/var".

emacs 29.4 gives "/var", while emacs 30.1-rc1 gives "/tmp/var".

In GNU Emacs 30.1 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.48,
cairo version 1.18.2)
Repository revision: f33dddcc776e901abd1bb8f444c87d7e51128fec
Repository branch: main
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101015
System Description: Arch Linux

Configured using:
 'configure --sysconfdir=/etc --prefix=/usr --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --with-tree-sitter --localstatedir=/var --with-cairo
 --disable-build-details --with-harfbuzz --with-libsystemd
 --with-modules --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 'CFLAGS=-march=nehalem
 -mtune=znver1 -O2 -pipe -fno-plt -fexceptions -Wformat
 -Werror=format-security -fstack-clash-protection -fcf-protection
 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -mno-omit-leaf-frame-pointer -g
 -ffile-prefix-map=/home/evgeniy/bigdisk1/linux-infra/arch_build/modified-packages/emacs-30/src=/usr/src/debug/emacs'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--sort-common -Wl,--as-needed -Wl,-z,relro
 -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-z,pack-relative-relocs''

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY
INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ru_RU.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: ELisp/d

Minor modes in effect:
  ivy-mode: t
  straight-use-package-mode: t
  straight-package-neutering-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/evgeniy/.config/emacs/straight/build/bind-key/bind-key hides /usr/share/emacs/30.1/lisp/bind-key
/home/evgeniy/.config/emacs/straight/build/use-package/use-package-ensure hides /usr/share/emacs/30.1/lisp/use-package/use-package-ensure
/home/evgeniy/.config/emacs/straight/build/use-package/use-package-ensure-system-package hides /usr/share/emacs/30.1/lisp/use-package/use-package-ensure-system-package
/home/evgeniy/.config/emacs/straight/build/use-package/use-package-core hides /usr/share/emacs/30.1/lisp/use-package/use-package-core
/home/evgeniy/.config/emacs/straight/build/use-package/use-package-delight hides /usr/share/emacs/30.1/lisp/use-package/use-package-delight
/home/evgeniy/.config/emacs/straight/build/use-package/use-package-lint hides /usr/share/emacs/30.1/lisp/use-package/use-package-lint
/home/evgeniy/.config/emacs/straight/build/use-package/use-package-bind-key hides /usr/share/emacs/30.1/lisp/use-package/use-package-bind-key
/home/evgeniy/.config/emacs/straight/build/use-package/use-package-diminish hides /usr/share/emacs/30.1/lisp/use-package/use-package-diminish
/home/evgeniy/.config/emacs/straight/build/use-package/use-package-jump hides /usr/share/emacs/30.1/lisp/use-package/use-package-jump
/home/evgeniy/.config/emacs/straight/build/use-package/use-package hides /usr/share/emacs/30.1/lisp/use-package/use-package

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny rfc822
mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils ffap
url-parse url-vars thingatpt dired dired-loaddefs tramp trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-message tramp-compat xdg shell pcomplete
parse-time iso8601 format-spec auth-source eieio eieio-core
password-cache json map tramp-loaddefs time-date ivy delsel ivy-faces
ivy-overlay colir color ivy-autoloads use-package-core
use-package-autoloads bind-key-autoloads straight-autoloads compile
text-property-search comint ansi-osc ansi-color ring comp-run comp
comp-cstr cl-extra help-mode comp-common warnings icons rx straight info
loaddefs-gen generate-lisp-file lisp-mnt radix-tree easy-mmode cl-seq
pcase subr-x byte-opt cl-macs gv cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp
byte-compile cyril-util rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd touch-screen tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode
lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch
easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk
x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 153970 11540) (symbols 48 12982 0) (strings 32 39164 2004)
 (string-bytes 1 1243659) (vectors 16 23992)
 (vector-slots 8 279176 6265) (floats 8 169 262) (intervals 56 380 0)
 (buffers 992 14))

-- 
/Evgeniy