Subject: bug#76439: [PATCH] Specify 'tab-bar-history-mode' in 'winner-mode' docstring

From: Robert Pluim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2025 11:48:50 +0100

>>>>> On Fri, 21 Feb 2025 16:05:03 +0530, Visuwesh <[email-masked]> said:
    Visuwesh> -deletes the button."
    Visuwesh> +deletes the button.
    Visuwesh> +
    Visuwesh> +If you intend to use `tab-bar-mode' with `winner-mode', we recommend to
    Visuwesh> +use `tab-bar-history-mode' instead, since it provides tab-specific
    Visuwesh> +window configuration history, and is better behaved when `tab-bar-mode'
    Visuwesh> +is turned on."

"we recommend using"

    Visuwesh>    :global t
    Visuwesh>    ;; It's defined in C/cus-start, this stops the d-m-m macro defining it again.
    Visuwesh>    :variable tab-bar-mode
    Visuwesh> diff --git a/lisp/winner.el b/lisp/winner.el
    Visuwesh> index e56ddf92965..e56e7268727 100644
    Visuwesh> --- a/lisp/winner.el
    Visuwesh> +++ b/lisp/winner.el
    Visuwesh> @@ -345,7 +345,13 @@ winner-mode
    Visuwesh>  into windows) so that the changes can be \"undone\" using the
    Visuwesh>  command `winner-undo'.  By default this one is bound to the key
    Visuwesh>  sequence \\`C-c <left>'.  If you change your mind (while undoing),
    Visuwesh> -you can press \\`C-c <right>' (calling `winner-redo')."
    Visuwesh> +you can press \\`C-c <right>' (calling `winner-redo').
    Visuwesh> +
    Visuwesh> +If you use `tab-bar-mode', consider using `tab-bar-history-mode' as

and here we could put a comma before "as"

    Visuwesh> +`winner-mode' is unaware of tab switching and might turn the window

and before "and"

    Visuwesh> +configuration of the current tab to another's (old) window
    Visuwesh> +configuration.  `tab-bar-history-mode' provides tab-specific window
    Visuwesh> +configuration history avoiding this problem."
    Visuwesh>    :global t
    Visuwesh>    (if winner-mode
    Visuwesh>        (progn

Robert
--