Subject: bug#76439: [PATCH] Specify 'tab-bar-history-mode' in 'winner-mode' docstring

From: Ship Mints <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2025 05:38:06 -0500

On Fri, Feb 21, 2025 at 5:30 AM Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> wrote:

> >>>>> On Fri, 21 Feb 2025 15:46:47 +0530, Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
> said:
>
>     Visuwesh> It is hard to figure out where to put the semicolon.  It
> falling out of
>     Visuwesh> favour means there aren't plenty of examples unless you're
> reading
>     Visuwesh> Victorian novels I suppose.
>
> Anytime there can be a comma, there can be a semicolon. Easy 🙂
>

Native English writer here.  This is not quite the case.  Proper semicolon
use is to glue together _independent_ clauses; [correct use] comma use is
to glue together _dependent_ clauses.  An independent clause would be one
that could itself be a sentence.  Comma use is also handy to avoid
ambiguity among items, [correct use] and to provide clarity.  A semicolon
can also be used to separate multiple comma-separated lists.