Subject: [PATCH] Specify 'tab-bar-history-mode' in 'winner-mode' docstring

From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2025 20:21:28 +0530

Tags: patch

Attached patch suggests to use tab-bar-history-mode when using
tab-bar-mode instead.  winner-mode interacts quite badly with
tab-bar-mode and it took me sometime to discover tab-bar-history-mode
when I started using winner-mode initially.  Mentioning it in
winner-mode's would help its discoverability I hope.

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 32, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.18.2, Xaw scroll bars) of 2025-02-15 built on astatine
Repository revision: 167157fc210ae078e683c80dc650e6a2bb5a6050
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101015
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux trixie/sid

Configured using:
 'configure --with-sound=alsa --with-x-toolkit=lucid --without-xaw3d
 --without-gconf --without-libsystemd --with-cairo CFLAGS=-O2'

>From 0007e61ff7a4b1cff0837f6bb5138a236511a81f Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Visuwesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2025 20:19:32 +0530
Subject: [PATCH] Specify 'tab-bar-history-mode' in 'winner-mode' docstring

* lisp/winner.el (winner-mode): Update the docstring to suggest
'tab-bar-history-mode' when using 'tab-bar-mode' instead.
---
 lisp/winner.el | 5 ++++-
 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/lisp/winner.el b/lisp/winner.el
index e56ddf92965..eacb9c16031 100644
--- a/lisp/winner.el
+++ b/lisp/winner.el
@@ -345,7 +345,10 @@ winner-mode
 into windows) so that the changes can be \"undone\" using the
 command `winner-undo'.  By default this one is bound to the key
 sequence \\`C-c <left>'.  If you change your mind (while undoing),
-you can press \\`C-c <right>' (calling `winner-redo')."
+you can press \\`C-c <right>' (calling `winner-redo').
+
+If you use `tab-bar-mode', consider turning on `tab-bar-history-mode'
+instead which provides tab-specific window configuration history."
   :global t
   (if winner-mode
       (progn
--
2.47.2