Subject: bug#76417: closed (Re: bug#76417: [PATCH] Add tramp-cleanup-bufferless-connections)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2025 11:45:02 +0000

Your bug report

#76417: [PATCH] Add tramp-cleanup-bufferless-connections

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
76417: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=76417
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#76417: [PATCH] Add tramp-cleanup-bufferless-connections
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Ship Mints <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2025 12:44:01 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 31.1

Ship Mints <[email-masked]> writes:

> Latest patch attached including texi update.

Thanks, pushed to the repositories. Closing the bug report.

> -Stephane

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: [PATCH] Add tramp-cleanup-bufferless-connections
From: Ship Mints <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2025 12:44:19 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

'tramp-cleanup-bufferless-connections' cleans up connection-related objects
for which no associated buffers exist.  This is helpful to prune
connections after you close remote-file buffers without having to either
cherry pick via 'tramp-cleanup-connection' or clear them all via
'tramp-cleanup-all-connections'.

I looked for an equivalent but didn't see one so I've been using this
command, and I think it's ready for contribution.

-Stephane