Subject: bug#76414: 31.0.50; can't paste images with yank-media

From: the_wurfkreuz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2025 14:44:05 +0000

I was previously using Emacs that I built from commit b568ff418ce. Now I've tried to use the latest one, and I can't paste images using yank-media after using this command 'grim -g "$(slurp)" - | wl-copy'. If I go back to the b568ff418ce commit, then everything works fine.

I have instances of Emacs opened right now, and evaluating (gui-get-selection 'CLIPBOARD 'TARGETS) on the one built from the b568ff418ce commit returns '[image/png]' and i can paste the image. The one built from the latest commit returns '[]'.

In GNU Emacs 31.0.50 (build 3, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
3.24.43, cairo version 1.18.0) of 2025-02-19 built on ub-void
Repository revision: b568ff418ce7147c27d7f82fe4a8eef325b9de2c
Repository branch: HEAD
System Description: Void Linux

Configured using:
'configure --with-native-compilation=aot --with-tree-sitter --with-gif
--with-png --with-jpeg --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-imagemagick
--with-pgtk --with-mailutils CC=/usr/bin/gcc CXX=/usr/bin/gcc'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GLIB GMP GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ IMAGEMAGICK JPEG
LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PGTK PNG RSVG
SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER WEBP
XIM GTK3 ZLIB

Important settings:
value of $LC_COLLATE: C
value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Bash

Minor modes in effect:
windmove-mode: t
savehist-mode: t
icomplete-vertical-mode: t
icomplete-mode: t
meow-global-mode: t
meow-mode: t
meow-normal-mode: t
meow-esc-mode: t
envrc-global-mode: t
envrc-mode: t
buffer-terminator-mode: t
global-git-commit-mode: t
magit-auto-revert-mode: t
which-key-mode: t
undo-fu-session-global-mode: t
undo-fu-session-mode: t
global-treesit-auto-mode: t
global-auto-revert-mode: t
save-place-mode: t
electric-pair-mode: t
recentf-mode: t
global-display-line-numbers-mode: t
display-line-numbers-mode: t
override-global-mode: t
tooltip-mode: t
show-paren-mode: t
electric-indent-mode: t
mouse-wheel-mode: t
tab-bar-mode: t
file-name-shadow-mode: t
global-font-lock-mode: t
font-lock-mode: t
minibuffer-regexp-mode: t
line-number-mode: t
indent-tabs-mode: t
transient-mark-mode: t
auto-composition-mode: t
auto-encryption-mode: t
auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/wurfkreuz/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20250108.1351/transient hides /usr/local/share/emacs/31.0.50/lisp/transient

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug dired-aux tramp-cmds windmove image-file
image-converter oc-basic ol-eww eww vtable mule-util url-queue mm-url
ol-rmail ol-mhe ol-irc ol-info ol-gnus nnselect gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
mm-view mml-smime smime gnutls dig gnus-sum shr pixel-fill kinsoku
url-file svg dom gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-dbus dbus xml
gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source utf7 nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range gnus-win gnus nnheader range ol-docview doc-view image-mode
exif ol-bibtex bibtex ol-bbdb ol-w3m ol-doi org-link-doi vc-git
vc-dispatcher jka-compr savehist icomplete f em-tramp esh-cmd esh-ext
esh-proc esh-opt esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-module-loaddefs esh-util
meow meow-tutor meow-cheatsheet meow-cheatsheet-layout meow-core
meow-shims meow-esc meow-command array meow-thing meow-visual
meow-keypad meow-beacon meow-helpers meow-util meow-keymap meow-face
meow-var delsel org-tempo tempo org-drill persist org-agenda embark-org
org-element org-persist org-id org-refile org-element-ast inline
avl-tree org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-exp org-macro
org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list org-footnote org-faces
org-entities ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval org-cycle org-table ol
org-fold org-fold-core org-keys oc org-version org-loaddefs cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs org-compat org-macs eglot external-completion
jsonrpc ert ewoc debug backtrace kdl-mode generic markdown-mode color
nix-mode nix-repl nix-shell nix-store nix-log nix-instantiate
nix-shebang nix-format nix yaml-mode haskell-mode haskell-cabal
haskell-utils haskell-font-lock haskell-indentation haskell-string
haskell-sort-imports haskell-lexeme haskell-align-imports
haskell-complete-module haskell-ghc-support flymake-proc flymake dabbrev
haskell-customize dockerfile-mode sh-script executable terraform-mode
noutline outline hcl-mode lua-mode go-mode find-file etags fileloop xref
raku-mode raku-repl raku-imenu raku-indent smie raku-font-lock
raku-detect envrc inheritenv buffer-terminator transpose-frame
magit-bookmark magit-submodule magit-blame magit-stash magit-reflog
magit-bisect magit-push magit-pull magit-fetch magit-clone magit-remote
magit-commit magit-sequence magit-notes magit-worktree magit-tag
magit-merge magit-branch magit-reset magit-files magit-refs magit-status
magit magit-repos magit-apply magit-wip magit-log which-func imenu
magit-diff git-commit log-edit message sendmail yank-media puny rfc822
mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 mm-util
ietf-drums mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
pcvs-util add-log magit-core magit-autorevert magit-margin
magit-transient magit-process magit-mode benchmark magit-git magit-base
magit-section cursor-sensor crm smerge-mode diff-mode track-changes diff
hydra lv with-editor server embark-consult embark ffap thingatpt consult
bookmark project orderless tempel-collection tempel wgrep grep compile
text-property-search which-key docker docker-context docker-volume
docker-network docker-image docker-container docker-faces docker-core
docker-compose docker-process docker-utils tablist advice tablist-filter
semantic/wisent/comp semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw mode-local find-func cedet dired dired-loaddefs docker-group
transient edmacro kmacro compat dash aio generator s goto-chg
undo-fu-session undo-fu zig-ts-mode clojure-ts-mode treesit-auto treesit
rose-pine-theme cus-edit pp cus-load midnight autorevert filenotify
saveplace tramp-cache time-stamp tramp-sh tramp trampver
tramp-integration files-x tramp-message tramp-compat shell pcomplete
comint ansi-osc ring parse-time iso8601 time-date format-spec ansi-color
tramp-loaddefs desktop frameset elec-pair recentf tree-widget wid-edit
comp comp-cstr warnings comp-run comp-common display-line-numbers
cl-extra help-mode use-package use-package-ensure use-package-delight
use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode
use-package-core finder-inf annalist-autoloads
buffer-terminator-autoloads cape-autoloads clojure-ts-mode-autoloads
cursor-undo-autoloads docker-autoloads aio-autoloads
dockerfile-mode-autoloads embark-consult-autoloads consult-autoloads
embark-autoloads envrc-autoloads f-autoloads go-mode-autoloads
goto-chg-autoloads haskell-mode-autoloads hydra-autoloads
inheritenv-autoloads lua-mode-autoloads lv-autoloads magit-autoloads
pcase markdown-mode-autoloads meow-autoloads nix-mode-autoloads
magit-section-autoloads orderless-autoloads org-drill-autoloads
persist-autoloads queue-autoloads raku-mode-autoloads rx s-autoloads
tablist-autoloads tempel-collection-autoloads tempel-autoloads
terraform-mode-autoloads dash-autoloads hcl-mode-autoloads
transient-autoloads transpose-frame-autoloads treesit-auto-autoloads
undo-fu-autoloads undo-fu-session-autoloads wgrep-autoloads info
with-editor-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads zig-ts-mode-autoloads package
browse-url xdg url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf url-util mailcap
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs icons
password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/pgtk-win pgtk-win term/common-win touch-screen pgtk-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo gtk pgtk
lcms2 multi-tty move-toolbar make-network-process tty-child-frames
native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 835549 128037) (symbols 48 51293 2) (strings 32 245230 9187)
(string-bytes 1 7485537) (vectors 16 94513) (vector-slots 8 1827314 117978)
(floats 8 705 83) (intervals 56 2038 869) (buffers 992 18))