Subject: [bug#76407] [GCD] Rename the default branch

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2025 17:42:59 +0100

Hi Ekaitz,

On Tue, 18 Mar 2025 at 18:25, Ekaitz Zarraga <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I can live with it, but I'm not convinced.

On my side, I do not think in term of “being convinced“.  Instead, I do
my best to think in term of “do I consent?”

We do not need to be convinced by something to consent about it, IMHO,

Here, I refrain to ask myself if the current proposal is a good strategy
for tackling what it attempts to fix – obviously, I have a (strong)
opinion too!  Yes, as a geek I have opinions on many topics. :-)
However, here I hide behind this position:

  1. What does my own opinion value?
And
  2. Does the change hurt my principles?

For instance, assume I would not be convinced by <proposal>, i.e., I
would consider some proposed strategy would change absolutely nothing
about whatever <issue>; assume my conviction of this proposed strategy
would appear to me as the null strategy of the void.  And instead, my
conviction would be about doing X and Y and maybe <issue> would be
deeper than human scale.  The question still reads:

  a) Does the <proposal> hurt my principles?  If no,
  
  b) does the <proposal> block my conviction about what we should do
     instead?

Cheers,
simon

PS: On many other points, I partially agree and I refrain to engage a
    discussion… because such discussion deserves pintxo and some cider
    your country have the secret. :-)

    > I understand, but this way of thinking only encourages more
    > decisions that many "can live with", but they are not meaningful.

    Yes, being social implies we consent to decision that appears to us
    meaningless.  When playing “which superpower would you like to
    have?“, my answer is always: being able to see the world as other
    see it, because I would help me to deal with all these decisions
    that appear to me meaningless.