Subject: [bug#76407] [GCD] Rename the default branch

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2025 17:44:59 +0100

Epa Ekaitz!
Hi Christopher, all,

On Fri, 21 Feb 2025 at 11:48, Ekaitz Zarraga <[email-masked]> wrote:

> This debate is draining me, so consider me done here.

[...]

> I am not convinced.

Personally, the only question I ask to myself is:

   Can I live with “main” as the branch name?
   Or cannot I live with it?

Let me share my reasoning, FWIW.  When discussing such topics where I
don’t really feel personally concerned, I do not try to rationalize and
I refrain to ask myself if it is founded or not – slippery slope toward
time vortex –, and instead, I try to focus on what the change costs me
and I ask to myself if I can or if I cannot live with this change.

Somehow, whatever if I rationally consider the rename deeply ridiculous
or highly important, or something in the middle, instead I answer: Ok,
it costs me nothing and I can live with this rename.  Then I scrutinize
the details using the same frame. :-)

Cheers,
simon

PS:
> Guix is a Catalan surname, maybe some of them are uncomfortable by its 
> name, we should change it too!

Ah I didn’t know… That’s why:
https://img.over-blog.com/300x282/1/50/22/38/chats/chats2/Lepic-guix-100.JPG
Raymond Guix is a painter in Paris. :-)
Good to know.