Subject: [bug#76407] Deliberation period for GCD 003 "Rename the default branch" has technically started

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2025 17:15:24 +0200

Hi,

I disapprove the current state of the GCD; although I sponsor the GCD
and I think renaming from master to main is the right direction.

IMHO, the section Motivations would require a complete revamp and
technical bits need more adjustments.

I hope we will be able to revisit this proposal in the near future
keeping in mind that confrontational discussion is helpless and
consensus requires self-discipline [1].

Cheers,
simon

1: [bug#76407] About consensus, again (was Re: [bug#76407] [GCD] Rename the default branch)
Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Wed, 26 Mar 2025 21:20:36 +0100
id:[email-masked]
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/76407
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/msgid/[email-masked]
https://yhetil.org/guix/[email-masked]