Subject: Re: Deliberation period for GCD 003 "Rename the default branch" has technically started

From: indieterminacy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2025 18:15:05 +0000

“I accept”

On 2025-04-21 14:07, Liliana Marie Prikler wrote:
> Hi Guix,
> 
> as the date for the GCD 003 was set to February 18th, the discussion
> period actually ended on Saturday already.  I have incorporated some
> changes on Sunday to realign the proposal with GCD 002 (the Codeberg
> one), but barring any emergency changes there, GCD 003 is now to be
> considered final.
> 
> As outlined in GCD 001, please respond to this mail with one of the
> following:
> 
> - “I support”, meaning that you support the proposal;
> - “I accept”, meaning that you consent to the implementation of the
>   proposal;
> - “I disapprove”, meaning that you oppose the implementation of the
>   proposal.
> 
> To count my own vote, I support the change of the default branch name
> to “main”.
> 
> Cheers

(for future votes can the Deliberation period notice please provide a 
reference to the discussion page and the relevant GCD(s))

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/guix-consensus-documents.git/tree/003-rename-default-branch.md?h=main

Note the irony of the flag above -- if its fine on the savannah,... ;)

https://issues.guix.gnu.org/76407

Jonathan McHugh