Subject: [bug#76407] [GCD] Rename the default branch

From: Simon Tournier <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2025 16:47:41 +0100

Hi Andreas,

On Wed, 26 Mar 2025 at 15:27, Andreas Enge <[email-masked]> wrote:

>                                    I do not think that it is possible in
> git to have "master" just be an alias for "main"?

Hum, it seems possible directly with Git: Make master point to main

    $ git symbolic-ref refs/heads/master refs/heads/main 

Well, Denis gave the tips [1].  It requires an access to Savannah itself
and I’m sure Savannah admins will process if we open a ticket. :-)

Do I miss something?

Cheers,
simon

1: Re: [GCD] Migrating repositories, issues, and patches to Codeberg
Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <[email-masked]>
Wed, 19 Feb 2025 02:12:40 +0100
id:20250219021240.7ad429f1@primary_laptop
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2025-02
https://yhetil.org/guix/20250219021240.7ad429f1@primary_laptop