Subject: Re: bug#76406: 31.0.50; Crash with tty child frames

From: Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2025 15:21:04 +0100

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

>> So I guess I'm missing something important. Any ideas?
>
> Not really: I do the same but positioned the yellow frame more to the
> left so that it is not obscured by the other two child frames.  Both
> tty-child-frames.el ("/home/martin/temp/tm.el" is my location of your
> tm.el) and my patch are attached.  I also attach a screenshot
> immediately before clicking on the Buffer menu.  A complete transcript
> of the debugging session is below.

So, I think I have now exactly what you are using, and I eventually
got a segfault somehow, and found out something:

The root frame ended up containing glyphs from a dead menu frame. The
dead frame's face cache was set to NULL because it had been freed. The
series of events leading to this is still unclear to me. At least we
never copy glyphs from a dead frame, that much I can say.

Doesn't look like the assertion you are seeing, but maybe it's somehow
related.

More in the next round.