Subject: Re: bug#76402: ‘guix-packages-website’ fails to start

From: Luis Felipe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2025 21:30:29 +0000

On 19/02/25 17:16, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Luis Felipe <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> Yes, it seems bayfront is now using the version of Artanis that
>> introduced a "plugins" system and it is expecting the Guix Packages
>> Website to have a "conf/plugins.scm" module, which it hasn't because
>> current version was tested for Artanis 0.6 and 1.0. Should I start
>> specifying the versions of the dependencies to avoid these kinds of
>> problems? I think this is not the first time this happens.
> Yes, maybe we need to pin the version of Artanis that is used for
> guix-packages-website, unless Artanis 1.0 makes promises about API
> stability?

I don't think it does, but I asked Artanis to be sure: 
https://gitlab.com/hardenedlinux/artanis/-/issues/130.

In the meantime, I upgraded the source code of the application to work 
with Artanis 1.2.2¹ and added a channels specification² to make it 
easier to get the right package dependencies.

I'm going to test a new version of the Guix Packages Website in a 
production-like environment, and intend to send a patch for the service 
in bayfront if everything seems to work fine.

1. 
https://codeberg.org/luis-felipe/guix-packages-website/commit/5bbf5364cf9e60bb6e65d9460ffac72701710225
2. 
https://codeberg.org/luis-felipe/guix-packages-website/commit/3abfadab053836be1f14e4c95645488465b342db