Subject: bug#764: 23.0.60; fontified prompt in *shell* extends to normal text upon yank

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 10:59:25 +0200

Hello!

My customisation has

  '(comint-prompt-regexp "^[a-z]+ [0-9]+ /\\\\ " t)
  '(shell-prompt-pattern "^[a-z]+ [0-9]+ /\\\\ ")
  '(comint-highlight-prompt ((t (:background  
"FloralWhite" :foreground "DarkViolet" :weight bold))))

Sometimes I locate items and sort them by killing and yanking the  
lines they're on. When I yank such a line just above the prompt,  
i.e., the cursor is in column 0 at the prompt's beginning, the  
prompt's fontification is extended over the yanked line as this  
screenshot shows:

It works with keyboard as well as with mouse.

In GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0, X toolkit, Xaw3d  
scroll bars)
  of 2008-08-23 on localhost
Windowing system distributor `The XFree86 Project, Inc', version  
11.0.40400000
configured using `configure  '--without-sound' '--without-pop' '-- 
with-dbus' '--with-x-toolkit=athena' '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/ 
Application Support/Emacs/calendar23:/Library/Application Support/ 
Emacs/caml:/Library/Application Support/Emacs:/sw/share/emacs21/site- 
lisp/elib' 'PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/sw/lib/fontconfig2/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/ 
freetype219/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/pango-ft219/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/ 
qt4-x11/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/system-openssl/lib/pkgconfig:/sw/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/sw/share/pkgconfig:/usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/ 
pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig' 'CFLAGS=-Wno-pointer-sign -bind_at_load  
-H -pipe -fPIC -mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450 -fast -mpim-altivec -ftree- 
vectorize -foptimize-register-move -freorder-blocks -freorder-blocks- 
and-partition -fthread-jumps -fpeephole -fno-crossjumping' 'CPPFLAGS=- 
no-cpp-precomp' 'LDFLAGS=-bind_at_load -dead_strip -multiply_defined  
suppress -L/sw/lib/ncurses''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default-enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Shell

Minor modes in effect:
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   diff-auto-refine-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   display-time-mode: t
   desktop-save-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   global-auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

--
Greetings

   Pete

By filing this bug report you have challenged the honor of my family.  
Prepare to die!