Subject: Re: bug#76394: mouse-face property not working in tab-bar

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2025 10:33:56 +0200

> From: Ship Mints <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2025 16:43:46 -0500
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> +(defface tab-bar-tab-highlight
> +  '((t :inherit highlight))
> +  "Tab bar face for highlighting."

IMO, the doc string should say that this face is used as mouse-face
on tab-bar buttons.

> +---
> +*** 'mouse-face' properties are now supported on the 'tab-bar'.
> +The new face 'tab-bar-tab-highlight' is applied as the 'mouse-face' on
> +each tab.
> +

And this NEWS entry should also say that tab-bar buttons are now
highlighted by default when the mouse pointer hovers of them, and that
to control that users can customize this new face.

Thanks.