Subject: Re: bug#76394: mouse-face property not working in tab-bar

From: Ship Mints <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2025 08:30:59 -0500

On Tue, Mar 4, 2025 at 6:04 AM Ship Mints <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 4, 2025 at 2:13 AM Juri Linkov <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> > Are you reacting to that now the button is no longer sharing the face of
>> > the main part of the tab?  I prefer it outside the main caption, it
>> offers
>> > easier visual differentiation.
>>
>> Now the close button is not part of the tab :-(
>>
>
> I'll play with it more and see what I can come up with that satisfies us
> both.
>

Given that text properties don't nest, I matched the faces and use separate
mouse-face properties for each component so they could be highlighted
separately.  Look at the attached screenshots.  You still might not like
it.  I also handled the case where the close button might be text only vs.
icon so it works for both.