Subject: bug#76384: closed (Re: bug#76384: Incorrect mouse events / tool-bar event is undefined error.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2025 08:39:02 +0000

Your bug report

#76384: Incorrect mouse events / tool-bar event is undefined error.

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
76384: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=76384
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#76384: Incorrect mouse events / tool-bar event is undefined error.
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: mjk <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2025 10:37:49 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2025 16:46:44 +0200
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
> From: mjk <[email-masked]>
> 
> I think I already sent the full info about the version that failed.
> 
> The working one is the same (version number) with the -.gt-x11 
> extension, and emacs-lucid works too.
> 
> I downloaded and compiled version 30.1 (rc on the web page) and compiled 
> it. This one seems to work, but with the default config, configure 
> produces a version that uses lucid, which seems to work as 29 too.
> 
> Not sure what to do to produce similar to the failing one, and whether 
> it is worth while to use a lot of time to try to reproduce this.

OK, thanks.  I'm therefore closing this bug.

Subject: Incorrect mouse events / tool-bar event is undefined error.
From: mjk <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2025 22:59:42 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

I had irritating mouse problems originally in lsp/dap mode.
The mouse caused many-many beeps due to mouse move errors.

This is probably combination of problems in the basic thing and the lsp
gui packages together.

I was able to pinpoint one factor of this problem into configuration
where I had removed my .emacs and .emacs.d, so that I was in a pretty clean
configuration.

In this state I get spurious errors like:

<tool-bar> <wheel-up> is undefined
<tool-bar> <wheel-down> is undefined
<tool-bar> <double-wheel-down> is undefined

when I rotate the mouse wheel in the window area (pretty much any, like
*scratch*). Note, in the text window, not in the tool bar.

This happens only in a limited area at the top of the window. Not at the
very top of the window, but somewhat below. The dimensions of these areas
are as if the program was thinking that the menubar and the toolbar were
in the text window (like it was dispatching events from
coordinates where the origin is in the upper corner of the text window
rather than in the top of the whole window of the application.
So there is a narrow strip having same height as the menu-bar which is
not giving these events, then an area with same height as the tool-bar
which gives them, and then below it works normally again.

Then when other gui packages are on, I start to get also other similar
errors, probably depending on what events have been enabled and what
handlers have been installed. Mouse move events are naturally the most
irritating ones. Luckily emacs can be used pretty well with keyboard only.

t. mjk