Subject: bug#76382: closed (Re: bug#76382: 29.4; TeX Input Mode)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2025 17:12:02 +0000

Your bug report

#76382: 29.4; TeX Input Mode

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
76382: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=76382
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#76382: 29.4; TeX Input Mode
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Ben Domine <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2025 19:10:30 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Ben Domine <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2025 11:02:00 -0600
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> Oh okay. I think that is indeed the problem, I apologize for wasting your time! Thanks for your work supporting GNU!

No problems, and thank you.

I'm now closing this bug.

Subject: 29.4; TeX Input Mode
From: Ben Domine <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2025 13:26:54 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I turned on TeX input mode and attempted to write the exponentiated
capital C. In the minibuffer this is displayed as an option, however
when I type it I get the unknown character symbol.

In GNU Emacs 29.4 (build 1, aarch64-apple-darwin21.6.0, NS
appkit-2113.60 Version 12.6.6 (Build 21G646)) of 2024-08-02 built on
armbob.lan
System Description:  macOS 15.2

Configured using:
'configure --with-ns '--enable-locallisppath=/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/${version}/site-lisp:/Library/Application
Support/Emacs/site-lisp' --with-modules 'CFLAGS=-DFD_SETSIZE=10000
-DDARWIN_UNLIMITED_SELECT' --with-x-toolkit=no'

Configured features:
ACL GLIB GMP GNUTLS JPEG JSON LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY KQUEUE NS PDUMPER
PNG RSVG SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS TREE_SITTER ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Text

Minor modes in effect:
  electric-pair-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-quote-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils pcase
emacs-news-mode subr-x noutline outline icons cus-start quail solitaire
cl-extra help-fns radix-tree apropos face-remap help-mode cl-loaddefs
cl-lib jka-compr info term/xterm xterm byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile
elec-pair cus-load rmc iso-transl tooltip cconv eldoc paren electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel
term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
theme-loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 166102 9760)
(symbols 48 7841 0)
(strings 32 26361 1477)
(string-bytes 1 636556)
(vectors 16 20349)
(vector-slots 8 990317 183930)
(floats 8 44 853)
(intervals 56 7172 4)
(buffers 984 20))