Subject: Re: [PATCH] services: syncthing: Improve Syncthnig code standard compliance.

From: Zacchaeus Scheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2025 00:16:07 -0400

Hi Leo,

Here is the most succint version that covers all cases:

Users that have `config-file` set in their `syncthing-configuration`
should ensure ~/.config/syncthing/config.xml does not exist after
reconfigure.  The following should ensure as much:

mv ~/.config/syncthing/config.xml ~/.config/syncthing/config.xml.bak 2> /dev/null

Additionally, users should ensure the *.pem files in
~/.local/state/syncthing/ refer to the desired device ID.  Especially
old Syncthing install, early adopters of the `config-file`
`syncthing-configuration` field, and people that previously opted to
configure syncthing from ~/.config/ will have their device ID change if
they do not move *.pem files from ~/.config/syncthing/ to
~/.local/state/syncthing.  You can maintain this device ID by running
the following

cp ~/.config/syncthing/*.pem  ~/.local/state/syncthing/

Note that if you specified `config-file` previously and had your device
ID change, and would like your original device ID back, then do NOT run
the above.

Finally, there are some obscure fields of the various syncthing records
that were renamed (notably, booleans now end in '?').  See the relevant
section of the documentation for the new names.

eikcaz-