Subject: Re: bug#76377: gnu: packages: remove g-golf and nomad

From: David Pirotte <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2025 17:07:28 -0300

Hi Leo,

> > The context of this patch is a naming dispute.  
> [...]

> This is bad for Guix. If the upstream developer of some software that
> we package has a reasonable request for us, we should strongly
> consider accepting their request.

> It does not help the Guix project to be argumentative or ornery.

> Let's work together to improve the world of free software, not dig in
> our heels over minor issues like package names. It's a free software
> project, not a package naming project.

> Also, this would not be the first time we accept some kind of cosmetic
> advice from upstream.

1+, for 'all the above'.

Please forward (or post) to guix-devel, and ask guix to name my package
g-golf, to deprecate and later remove guile-[X.Y-]g-golf pkgs.

Thanks,
David