Subject: Re: bug#76371: 31.0.50; M-% -> void variable

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2025 21:14:07 +0000

Gerd Möllmann <[email-masked]> writes:

> In a build --without-ns,
>
> - emacs -Q
> - M-% search RET 1 RET
>
> =>
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable overriding-text-conversion-style)
>   perform-replace("search" "1" t nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil)
>   query-replace("search" "1" nil nil nil nil nil)
>   funcall-interactively(query-replace "search" "1" nil nil nil nil nil)
>   call-interactively(query-replace nil nil)
>   command-execute(query-replace)

Could it be related to b236a2529dd?  Copying in Po Lu.

I'm also seeing these several test failures, e.g.:

Test query-replace-undo-bug31073 backtrace:
  perform-replace("a" "B" t t nil)
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x6d983bb021e82be>)()
  #f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x1afcd6ec31a49766>)()
  handler-bind-1(#f(compiled-function () #<bytecode 0x1afcd6ec31a49766
  ert--run-test-internal(#s(ert--test-execution-info :test #s(ert-test
  ert-run-test(#s(ert-test :name query-replace-undo-bug31073 :document
  ert-run-or-rerun-test(#s(ert--stats :selector ... :tests ... :test-m
  ert-run-tests((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable) (tag :n
  ert-run-tests-batch((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :unstable) (
  ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit((not (or (tag :expensive-test) (tag :un
  eval((ert-run-tests-batch-and-exit '(not (or (tag :expensive-test) (
  command-line-1(("-L" ":." "-l" "ert" "--eval" "(setq treesit-extra-l
  command-line()
  normal-top-level()
Test query-replace-undo-bug31073 condition:
    (void-variable overriding-text-conversion-style)
   FAILED  21/29  query-replace-undo-bug31073 (0.000058 sec) at
lisp/replace-tests.el:587