Subject: can't kill read-only **lose** buffer

From: Rajinder Yadav <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 02:11:59 -0500

I did the following

1) modify a file in the buffer
2) reload the buffer using: c-x c-v

Emacs reports: buffer **lose** is modified; save if first? (y or n)

3) select n

At this point I can't even kill the buffer, if I try to exist emacs i 
can't close it down because of this **lose** buffer, i can't reload the 
buffer or file in the buffer

I am using ido and ecb with my emacs

kind regards,
Rajinder Yadav

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
     `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.0)
  of 2010-11-11 on Six9
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10900000
Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: en_CA.UTF-8
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Ruby

Minor modes in effect:
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   ecb-minor-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
p w d <return> c d SPC . . <return> g i t SPC s t a
r t u <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace>
a t u s <return> g i t SPC r m SPC p <tab> i n <tab>
<return> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x C-f c o <return>
r o <return> C-x C-f <return> r o <return> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5>
<down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5>
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5>
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <home>
<right> <right> <delete> <delete> C-x C-s <C-delete>
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1>
<double-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <double-down-mouse-1>
<double-mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-1>
<down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5>
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5>
<triple-mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-4>
<mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4>
<triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4>
<triple-mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4>
<double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> C-x C-v <return>
<down> <up> <up> C-k C-x C-v <return> y <C-delete>
<down> <up> <C-delete> <down> <up> <C-delete> C-x C-f
r o <return> <down> <down> <down> <down> <up> C-_ <C-delete>
y <C-delete> y <up> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <tool-bar> <kill-buffer> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5>
<double-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5>
<down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <up> <down>
<C-delete> y <down> C-_ C-_ C-_ C-_ <C-delete> y <down>
C-x C-k C-x k C-g C-x C-k <return> C-g M-x k i l l
<tab> b <tab> u <tab> <return> y e s <return> <return>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> r o <tab> <return>
<C-delete> C-g <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5>
<down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4>
<double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <down-mouse-4>
<mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4>
<down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <help-echo>
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5>
<double-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5>
<down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <down-mouse-5>
<mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5> <double-mouse-5> <down-mouse-4>
<mouse-4> <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo>
<help-echo> <help-echo> <menu-bar> <help-menu> <se
nd-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
Saving file /home/yadav/.ido.last...
Wrote /home/yadav/.ido.last
progn: Attempt to modify read-only object
Saving file /home/yadav/.ido.last...
Wrote /home/yadav/.ido.last
progn: Attempt to modify read-only object
byte-code: End of buffer [3 times]
byte-code: Beginning of buffer [3 times]
byte-code: End of buffer [2 times]
byte-code: Beginning of buffer
byte-code: End of buffer

Load-path shadows:
/home/yadav/.emacs.d/cedet-1.0/common/ezimage hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/ezimage
/home/yadav/.emacs.d/cedet-1.0/speedbar/dframe hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/dframe
/home/yadav/.emacs.d/cedet-1.0/speedbar/speedbar hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/speedbar
/home/yadav/.emacs.d/cedet-1.0/speedbar/sb-image hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/sb-image
/home/yadav/.emacs.d/cedet-1.0/eieio/eieio-opt hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-opt
/home/yadav/.emacs.d/cedet-1.0/eieio/eieio-base hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-base
/home/yadav/.emacs.d/cedet-1.0/eieio/eieio-comp hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-comp
/home/yadav/.emacs.d/cedet-1.0/eieio/chart hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/chart
/home/yadav/.emacs.d/cedet-1.0/eieio/eieio-datadebug hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-datadebug
/home/yadav/.emacs.d/cedet-1.0/eieio/eieio hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio
/home/yadav/.emacs.d/cedet-1.0/eieio/eieio-speedbar hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-speedbar
/home/yadav/.emacs.d/cedet-1.0/eieio/eieio-custom hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/emacs-lisp/eieio-custom
/home/yadav/.emacs.d/cedet-1.0/ede/ede hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/ede
/home/yadav/.emacs.d/cedet-1.0/common/cedet-global hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/cedet-global
/home/yadav/.emacs.d/cedet-1.0/common/cedet-idutils hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/cedet-idutils
/home/yadav/.emacs.d/cedet-1.0/common/pulse hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/pulse
/home/yadav/.emacs.d/cedet-1.0/common/cedet-files hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/cedet-files
/home/yadav/.emacs.d/cedet-1.0/common/cedet hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/cedet
/home/yadav/.emacs.d/cedet-1.0/common/mode-local hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/mode-local
/home/yadav/.emacs.d/cedet-1.0/common/data-debug hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/data-debug
/home/yadav/.emacs.d/cedet-1.0/semantic/semantic hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/semantic
/home/yadav/.emacs.d/cedet-1.0/srecode/srecode hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/srecode
/home/yadav/.emacs.d/cedet-1.0/common/inversion hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/inversion
/home/yadav/.emacs.d/cedet-1.0/common/cedet-cscope hides 
/usr/local/share/emacs/23.2/lisp/cedet/cedet-cscope

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message sendmail ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils
mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug eieio-opt
help-mode view term disp-table ehelp electric semanticdb-typecache
semantic-decorate-mode semantic-decorate pulse semantic-tag-ls
semantic-tag-write semanticdb-file cedet-files inflections core-ext
semantic-html sgml-mode vc-git vc vc-dispatcher mule-util conf-mode
newcomment rails-lib list-ext files-ext string-ext flyspell ispell
tramp-imap tramp-gw tramp-fish tramp-smb tramp-cache tramp-ftp
tramp-cmds tramp auth-source gnus-util netrc time-date shell
password-cache format-spec tramp-compat trampver semantic-find cus-edit
cus-start cus-load ede-linux ede-emacs ede-cpp-root ede-dired dired
semantic-el semantic-bovine bovine-debug semantic-debug ecb-layout-defs
smarttabs rails-autoload ido ecb ecb-symboldef ecb-analyse
ecb-compatibility ecb-winman-support ecb-autogen autoload ecb-tod
ecb-cycle ecb-eshell ecb-help ecb-jde ecb-method-browser hideshow
ecb-file-browser ecb-layout compile comint ecb-create-layout edmacro
kmacro ecb-compilation ecb-speedbar ecb-common-browser ecb-cedet-wrapper
semanticdb-find semanticdb-ref ecb-navigate ecb-mode-line ecb-face
tree-buffer ecb-upgrade ecb-util thingatpt silentcomp ruby-electric
easy-mmode ruby-mode regexp-opt srecode-mode cogre-srecode semantic-edit
srecode-template-mode srecode-template srecode-template-wy
semantic-wisent wisent srecode-map srecode-insert srecode-args
srecode-dictionary srecode-find srecode-ctxt srecode-compile
srecode-table semantic-mru-bookmark semanticdb-mode semantic-idle eldoc
senator ring warnings which-func semantic-imenu semantic-sb imenu cedet
cedet-contrib-load contrib-loaddefs cogre-load cogre-loaddefs
speedbar-load speedbar-loaddefs ede-load ede-loaddefs ede-speedbar
ede-files ede ede-base ede-auto eieio-speedbar semantic-ia-sb
semantic-analyze semantic-scope semantic-analyze-fcn semantic-sort
semanticdb-el semanticdb semantic-ctxt semantic-format
semantic-util-modes semantic-util semantic semantic-lex semantic-tag
working fame speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe easymenu assoc
eieio-custom wid-edit ede-source eieio-base srecode-load srecode
srecode-loaddefs semantic-load semantic-fw semantic-loaddefs mode-local
find-func derived eieio-load eieio-loaddefs cedet-load cedet-compat
cedet-loaddefs eieio advice help-fns advice-preload byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile inversion cl cl-19 tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting tool-bar dnd fontset
image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom
widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Kind Regards,
Rajinder Yadav | DevMentor.org | Do Good! ~ Share Freely

GNU/Linux: 2.6.35-23-generic
Kubuntu x86_64 10.10 | KDE 4.5.1
Ruby 1.9.2p0 | Rails 3.0.3