Subject: [bug#76354] [PATCH] gnu: Add python-imageio-freeimage.

From: Vinicius Monego <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2025 00:36:11 +0000

Hi,

> It looks the whole [arguments] block may be removed and skip test
> logic applied in #:test-flags as the package uses python-pytest e.g.
> "--ignore=tests/test_freeimage.py" or "-k not <test-name>".

Done, but I had to keep the TMPDIR substitution.

> Maybe install from Git?
> https://github.com/imageio/imageio-freeimage/blob/master/tests/test_freeimage.py
> the only one tests file which does not require urllib or requrests.

I tried, but most tests run imageio's downloader under the hood. IIRC 
only 2 tests pass by default. Then I got to a point where some tests 
pass in the build environment preserved by -K but still don't pass in 
the build run. I eventually gave up on it as a few other tests were 
still failing.

> Maybe swap to #$(this-package-input "<package>") instead?
Wasn't search-input-file preferred to not break package transformation? 
I skipped this change in v3.

Vinicius