Subject: Re: bug#76352: prometheus-node-exporter/go-github-com-prometheus-node-exporter broken on aarch64-linux

From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2025 14:31:12 +0000

Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> writes:

> It looks like since the update to 1.8.2-0.b8aac7c, the
> prometheus-node-exporter can't be built on aarch64-linux. Looking at the
> data service, it looks like 3 of the input fail to build [1]:
>
>  - go-github-com-mdlayher-socket
>  - go-github-com-cespare-xxhash
>  - go-github-com-hodgesds-perf-utils
>
> 1: https://data.guix.gnu.org/build-server/2/build?build_server_build_id=76fee5da-8d5b-4f19-afeb-b4c51b14fb2d
>
> This blocks me from recofiguring all of my aarch64-linux machines since
> I'm using the prometheus-node-exporter service on them.

So there seemed to be two separate issues, a bunch of packages have
tests that depend on vsockets and maybe some other Linux features which
seem to be enabled for the x86_64 Linux, but not for aarch64:

 - go-github-com-mdlayher-socket
 - go-github-com-mdlayher-netlink
 - go-github-com-mdlayher-genetlink
 - go-github-com-mdlayher-ethtool
 - go-github-com-mdlayher-wifi

Then one package again with some tests that seem to be quite Linux
feature dependent:

 - go-github-com-hodgesds-perf-utils

I'm struggling with the Linux config, some files suggest the vsockets
should be enabled, but they don't seem to be, anyway, adding them via
extra-options seemed to work, so I've pushed that as
7fc9cbd3e48d3afbafaa9326b9a6ecf6fdca9032.

As for go-github-com-hodgesds-perf-utils, I've disabled the two failing
tests on arm and pushed that as c8f537ac0517f45393c8bf68fc0259f185324cc5
(#76652).

I'm pulling and testing these changes on the bordeaux HoneyComb
machines, so hopefully this'll be resolved shortly.