Subject: [bug#76337] [PATCH] gnu: llvm-spirv-translator: Fix cross compilation

From: John Kehayias <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2025 15:43:12 +0000

Hi!

On Wed, Mar 26, 2025 at 10:45 PM, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

> Yarl Baudig <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> * gnu/packages/vulkan.scm (llvm-spirv-translator): Fix
>>  cross-compilation. [configure-flags]: replace ungexp with ungexp-native when
>>  relevant. Fix headers path.
>>
>> Change-Id: If0fe4c42e98a67cbda27519815f556bb44713a60
>
> Actually I spoke too fast: the patch LGTM but because of the large
> number of rebuilds, this should go on a branch.  What about the next
> mesa branch, John?
>
> Ludo’.

Sorry I missed the original submission in my search (I was looking for
mesa-related ones) but I now have <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/77339>
already live (and built) on mesa-updates albeit without this patch. The
branch merge request is at <https://issues.guix.gnu.org/77340>.

Though I'm not sure how long it will take to get to merging this branch
if we're waiting for the 10(!!) branches ahead in the queue. I'm not
sure if they are all large rebuilds or just for organizing teams work
that can be merged more easily.

I'll have to see how the coverage on non-x86 is, but the fact that the
Berlin job has just about finished already might be good news? If we are
waiting, I can update mesa once they put a new patch release out and
include this patch at the same time unless it is more critical.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
John