Subject: Re: bug#76321: 31.0.50; Moving nested child frames out of their child parents

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2025 11:14:11 +0100

> I've found the reason, please see the attached patch. If it works for
 > you, I'll put in master.

Thanks.  No more crashes.  It now behaves IIRC as with the NS builds
where child frames can be freely moved around the root frame or display.
On a GTK GUI frame they become invisible whenever they leave their
parents' rectangles.  I won't object your choice but maybe someone else
will.

 > With your latest diff, and nothing additional on top of it, and with
 >
 > (defun tty-3 ()
 >    (interactive)
 >    (setq tty-3
 > 	(make-frame
 > 	 `((parent-frame . ,tty-2)
 > 	   (left . (- 10)) (top . 5)
 >                     ^^^^^^^
 >
 > the placement of tty-3 seems wrong. Just saying, I think you mentioned
 > that you fixed that already.

I didn't fix that yet.  What's needed here is to accumulate the sizes
and/or positions of all ancestor frames.

martin